- Center for Applied Software Engineering, University of Bolzano
- Computer and Communication Systems, University of Innsbruck
- Distributed and Parallel Systems, University of Innsbruck
- Quality Engineering, University of Innsbruck
Team @ CCS
EN-ACT aims to drastically reduce energy consumption and CO2 emissions of applications and systems based on Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
The main goal of the project is to define specifications for the design of energy-aware software (that specifically concerns about the energy consumption, i.e., “green software”). The project will be characterized in terms of energy performance at application level, based on the implementation of platform-independent metrics.
- Michele Segata, Bastian Bloessl, Christoph Sommer and Falko Dressler, "Towards Energy Efficient Smart Phone Applications: Energy Models for Offloading Tasks into the Cloud," Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2014), Sydney, Australia, June 2014, pp. 2394-2399.
[DOI, BibTeX, PDF and Details...]